TRAVEL ADVICE FOR LITHUANIA
Travel preparation is the key to hassle free trip to Lithuania. By doing your homework before you leave for Lithuania, you can minimize the chances of something going wrong. Thousands of travellers often regret for not taking these simple pre travel steps before travelling to Lithuania.
Find the most up to date medical services available and travel health advice for Lithuania from the table below. You will, also, find a broad range of information to help you prepare for a safe and enjoyable journey to Lithuania and a safe stay whilst you are in there.
Travel Health Advice for Lithuania
Travel insurance tips for Lithuania
Travel advice for Lithuania
Travel Health Advice For Lithuania
You may also obtain further travel health advice from travel vaccination for Lithuania
The travel advice information on this travel immunisation website does not replace your doctor's advice. Information about travel disease risk in Lithuania and travel vaccination immunisation for lithuania are drawn from the centres for Disease Control websites around the world and refers to known health risks in Lithuania.
The travel health information for Lithuania provided does not include any information relating to disease outbreaks, which may occur regularly and with little warning.
Talk to your doctor before you travel to Lithuania for the most up to date travel health and travel immunisation information.
Tips for Lithuania Travel Insurance
- Ensure that you understand exactly just what exactly your travel insurance covers as they are not unlimited. It may not cover you for cancellation or change to travel plans.
- Clarify any sort of policy concerns directly with the insurance company.
- Verify that medical cover is sufficient for possible expenses in Lithuania. Make sure you declare any sort of pre-existing medical ailments you could have.
- Commonly, cover for baggage and personal possessions is limited and costly products for example cameras, laptops and/or jewellery may have a may have a per-item limit.
- Exclusions: Standard exclusions exist on all travel insurance policies such as acts of civil unrest, self inflicted injury, loss/theft of unattended baggage and pre-existing medical conditions. Travel insurance policies may be invalidated where injuries are sustained under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Travel Tips For Travel To Lithuania
- Take a look at the current travel advice for Lithuania from any of the following websites: UK travel advice for Lithuania, US State Department travel warnings for Lithuania or Canadian government travel advice for Lithuania.
- Buy an appropriate travel insurance for Lithuania to pay hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any type of pursuits, for instance adventure sports, in which you wish to Lithuania.
- In advance of travelling to Lithuania register your travel and contact particulars on the net or at your local embassy or consulate as soon as you arrive in Lithuania, so they are able get hold of you in an emergency.
- Abide by the Lithuanian law. Consular support cannot really bypass local Lithuanian laws, even where local laws tough or unjust by your country’s standards.
- Check to find out if you must have visas for Lithuania or countries you are traveling to or transiting. Keep in mind that a Lithuanian visa does not guarantee entry into Lithuania.
- Prepare copies of your passport details, travel insurance policy, travellers cheques, visas and credit card numbers. Have one copy in a separate place to the originals and leave a copy with someone at home.
- Confirm with health professionals for info regarding recommended vaccinations or any other precautions for Lithuania and find out about Lithuania laws on travelling with medicines.
- Leave a copy of your travel itinerary with someone at home and keep in regular contact with friends and relatives while in Lithuania.
Dual Nationality Holders
Before departing your home country check whether you are regarded as a national of the Lithuania.
Research whether holding dual nationality has any implications for your travel.
Passport Validity For Lithuania
Ensure your passport has at least six months validity from your planned date of return to your home country. Lithuania will refuse entry on arrival and some airlines will not allow passengers to board flights if their passport does not meet this requirement.
Before travelling, you should contact the Lithuanian embassy or consulates
of each country you intend to visit to confirm the entry requirements.
Lithuanian Embassies Worldwide
2001 - 2012